- I slept til 9:55 (just in time for Conference)
- Because of Conference, I got to stay in my jammies ALL day long! That in and of itself makes for a REALLY good day. Just sayin'.
- I got to listen to General Conference which in my opinion was absolutely wonderful. Did anybody else hear Elder Holland's talk? Incredible, yes?
- My Mama made one of my very favorite meals. Because I am the pickiest one, I sure do love it when she does that.
- I am now sitting and watching I Love Lucy (I never watch T.V.-the whole 60 hours a week thing gets in the way of that)
- I will probably be in bed within the next hour. Just the thought makes me happy!
I had one of the funniest conversations with one of my 6 year old (I will call him Jackson) patients on Friday. It went something like this...
(Preface: At work, when I check kids in, I ask their parents certain developmental questions based on their child's age to make sure they are where they need to be developmentally. I was asking Jackson's Mom developmental questions on the 4 year old brother who was there for an appointment as well.)
Me (speaking to the Mom): Does he (the 4 yr old) draw people?
Mom: I don't know. I don't think so? Maybe he does...
Jackson: I have been trying to teach him. He just doesn't get it. I don't know what we're going to do with him!
Me: You have been teaching him to draw people? Wow, that's pretty cool. I'm pretty sure you have probably done a good job.
Jackson: That's what I think (shrugging his shoulders), he just doesn't get it...
I love love love my job. I have little conversations like this with kids nearly everyday of my life. How awesome is that? It's basically impossible to be in a bad mood. I love it, all of them keep me on my toes!
Anyway, that kindof ended up being a quite random blog post. Whatev. I like it like that.
Until next time...
can't wait for rian to start those fun conversations with you :) we need to get together again!
ReplyDeleteI miss work, I wanna come back down. sigh...
ReplyDelete