Sunday, September 20, 2009

Lessons Learned.

I have learned alot lately. I have learned alot about myself, people I work with, what I do on a daily basis etc. I want to write some of those things down. Mostly because it probably wouldn't be a bad thing to be able to reflect on later. Keep in mind that I am still mastering alot of these things. Actually, I'm pretty sure that most of them are a continual work in progress.

I have learned that some people never change. (Accept it and move on, you're not going to change it by being mad at them)

I have learned that not everything has to be perfect (according to my standards) all the time.

I have learned that you feel better if you talk about what you're feeling instead of bottling things up. (This one is so stinking' hard for me!)

I have learned that there is absolutely no way to prepare yourself for a Dr. telling you that your mother has cancer. If any of you have experienced this, you know the feeling. It is absolutely horrifying.

I have learned that first impressions are not always correct. (I have been SOOOOOO wrong about some people in the past. Also, people have been wrong about me too.)

I have learned that it is therapeutic to sing in the car. I have learned that the louder you sing, the better you feel. (I'm also pretty sure that I sound exactly like a mix between Celine Dion and Whitney Houston when I sing by myself in the car. Don't be jealous. Not all of us can have talent like Me, C and Whit do. Yep, we're on a first name basis)

I have learned that it doesn't matter how popular you were in high school. What matters is what you are doing now.

I have learned and truly believe that there is a reason for everything. (even if it is completely hateful, there is a reason for it)

I have learned that if you make it a point to have a positive attitude. It is absolutely amazing how much good you will find. (I have done this "be positive" things lately and have noticed a HUGW difference)

I have learned that if you try to look for the good in other people, you will usually find it.

I have learned that people are generally good. Some of us are crazy and totally out there but generally, there are good intentions behind all the crazy.

I have learned that if you talk to children like you would talk to adults, like they are important and you care what they say, they will respond better to you.

I have learned that children are the most honest people on the planet. If you want a true and honest answer, go ask a 3 year old what they think. They'll tell ya. (I like kids, can you tell?)

I have learned that there is no age limit on friendship. (Some of my besties are older than me, others are younger than me. It doesn't matter. What matters is that we're friends!)

I have learned that if you speed, you'll eventually get a ticket (or two). This one has taken me a LONG time to grasp. (My Dad will be thrilled that I have finally gotten this one through my head)

I have learned that people in your life are put there for a reason. Learn from them, it is amazing what you can learn.

I have learned that some people simply feel that they are better than others. If you don't agree, just walk away.

I have learned that if you read your scriptures and pray before you start you day, your day will be better. That's just all there is to it. (I am not perfect at this. However, I do KNOW this one to be legit!)

I have learned to (try) to be kind to everyone. Because everyone is fighting some sort of battle. (One of my very favorite quotes)

I have learned that I am not right all the time (gasp). And that's okay! (I know, you're all shocked. It's okay, I was too when I figured this one out. ;) )


Anyway, by no means do I claim to be an expert on how to live life. In fact, I'm going to go ahead and say that I am the farthest thing from that. I have just had experiences from time to time that have made these "I have learned..." points very real to me. I am so so grateful for those experiences.

1 comment:

  1. I loved this list! I needed to hear some of these things, like about finding the good in people. So many things that are soooo true and so many things I relate to. Like the mom with cancer thing. And singing in the car. The louder the better! Words of wisdom from Abby. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete