Sunday, February 7, 2010

Rambling.

If you still read this poor blog, bless you. If not, it's cool. Let's be honest, it's not that exciting. Let's do a small (holiday) recap...

Thanksgiving: I worked til 3 ish. Got home in time to see my family and in time to eat the D-lish food. Found out that my super cute Great Grandma choked when she was eating her Thanksgiving dinner and my Uncle had to give her the heimlick (that's spelled wrong, just sound it out). Glad she worked that one out. Overall it was a great day.

Christmas: I DIDN'T WORK! Wooo. I have worked Christmas or been scheduled to work Christmas for a few years now. It was so nice to have it off. My family woke up at 8 (if I remember correctly) and we had an excellent Christmas morning. Did the usual routine. Great day.

New Years: I LOVE my friends. Love them. I forget how much I miss them until they all resurface around the holidays. I had an excellent start to 2010 in the presence of some of my favorite people. Good friends, good food, good times. Loved it.

Anyways, things are going well. I'm writing in purple so that's good, right?

Speaking of that, I LOVE purple these days. Like, a lot!

Currently I am listening to the good J. Mayer. Love him. Well, love his music mostly. He seems kind of odd to me. Attractive? Yes. A little arrogant? Yes. (disclaimer:I do not know him, this is just my observation.)

I have a GIGANTIC Biology test on Tuesday which I should (technically) be studying for.

I worked my entire shift at the hospital yesterday. I don't ever work the entire shift (on Saturdays because they aren't my favorite) so this was a big deal.

I COULDN'T CARE LESS about the freaking Superbowl which happens to be going on right now.

I am happy.

I feel pretty content (for the most part. There's just this ONE thing I need to make heads or tails of...)

I love that my parents love me. Sounds cliche, right? But seriously, I know they love me and that makes me happy.

School is going surprisingly well. Surprised? I was too. I don't hate it (which I thought I would) and I'm doing pretty well (which I somehow always knew I could do).

I really wish that I could go to Haiti to help. The whole thing makes my heart hurt.

WhEn PeOpLe WrItE LiKe ThIS iT rEaLlY bOtHeRS mE.

It rained on Friday and Saturday this past week and it put me into an awesome mood for the start of this week. Is it supposed to rain this week? I sure hope so.

Valentines Day is this weekend...that should be...ummmm, fun?...

This week is going to be great, I just know it (minus the Biology test. Shoot me. Shoot me right now.)

Wish me luck, okay?

Cheers. :)

6 comments:

  1. Good luck on your Bio test! What are you going to school for?

    You work sooo much! But if you love it that is good. And I bet you're saving tons of money! But working on thanksgiving and Christmas? No!! I would hate that. Go you for being so hardworking. You're a star.

    I aLsO cAn'T sTaNd WhEn PeOpLe WrItE lIkE tHiS! I instantly assume they are an idiot when they do that.

    I also LOVE John Mayer. But I follow him on Twitter and have watched a lot of interviews with him, and I think he's kind of misunderstood. I think he went through a cocky phase in life but he's come full circle and realizes he used to take himself too seriously. He has a really sarcastic, dry sense of humor and people take him seriously when he's joking and think he's full of himself. If it matters, that is my take on JM. I am a huge fan and think the man's a genius so I'm bias. Anyway. More than you ever wanted to know.

    Thanks or the update, glad you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your update abby. it made me happy (for some reason). i also hate it when people write that way-i won't even do it since i can't stand it. it gives me an instant headache. glad you had christmas off :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are truly my favorite. Thank you for the recap. I have missed the blogging of AM. See you tomorrow, I am in great need of one of our date. Love,Kels

    ReplyDelete
  4. (so I'm an idiot and don't know how to post comments unless they're anonymous. I'm awesome. This is Abby.)

    Angie- I saw your cute Mom and family today at stake conference. I LOVE her. She's a gem! (As if you didn't already know, right?) I want to come to NYC and sleep on your floor and have you show me all around the city. Your thoughts? I'm only halfway kidding. Also, thanks for your input on Mr. Mayer. I also think he is extremely talented and I LOVE his music and it was good to hear your thoughts on the subject. :)

    Brit-Where the heck have you been girl?! We need to do lunch and you must bring Rian! We can't have her forget who I am because we never see eachother. Call me!

    Kels- You know I love your guts! We'll chat tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh man i heart you! thanks for letting me in your head again. AH! YOU MAKE ME SMILE... you really do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh. My. Word. Abby, love this post! It just made me happy to hear a quick recap of your life and to hear that you're happy. I haven't seen you in ages. Ages. Wish I would see more of my favorite people more, but such is life! Love you Abs!

    ReplyDelete