I don't know why I have never really had any major health issues or concerns but helpless children and good people get diagnosed with horrible diseases everyday.
I don't know why I was born into an awesome family with absolutely incredible parents while some people in this world will never know how that feels.
I don't know why I have been so blessed to have not one but TWO extremely stable jobs that I absolutely love while people all around me cannot find a job-no matter how hard they try.
I don't know why my Mother beat cancer while others who fought just as hard as she did lose their battle to such a horrible disease everyday.
I don't know why I am surrounded daily with friends and people that I love and admire while some people feel like they don't have a friend in the world.
I don't know why I was born into a household where God is VERY real and I learned from a very young age that I belong to the ONLY true church on this earth when other people in this world have no clue who God is or if he even exists.
I don't know why I have been so blessed in my life. I don't know why I am so lucky. What I do know is that I am SO GRATEFUL for my life and for all of my blessings.
Life is SO good. It's not easy, but it is SO good.
I have had a lot of similar thoughts about my life. We are so blessed! Just the other night I was thinking about it and I asked Klane if a lot of horrible stuff needed to happen to us later in life to even out the score a little bit. I was like, " Are we going to have a baby with no arms or get cancer and die or lose our jobs or go blind, because I really don't think we've had enough trials in our life." He laughed and said it doesn't really work like that, there's not a heavenly scorecard of blessings vs trials that needs to come out tied in the end. Thank goodness or we would have some hard times on the way. Thanks for the reminder to always appreciate and be grateful for everything. I guess if God had any reason to smite me with a curse it would be because I was ungrateful for all the blessings He's given me. Oh Abby you're awesome. :)
ReplyDeletei had a whole long thing that i was going to say, until i read what angie commented....now i just say, ditto. she took the words right out of my mouth. :)
ReplyDeleteI think you are very optimistic. Not that your life is hard, I mean not easy because no one has a really easy life.... There are people in your same situation that are like, "Poor me." Happiness is what you choose and you DESERVE to be happy. You are my dearest Babs. Miss ya. Can't wait to see ya this week. :)
ReplyDeleteOh man! I was having an awful day and you put everything into perspective. It is so easy for me to feel completely inadequate and become engulfed in self pitty (especially lately.) Thank you so much for bringing light and joy to a gloomy day. I THINK YOU ARE FANTASTIC!
ReplyDelete