Saturday, September 12, 2009

Things...

It's time for post #2. How exciting! (I know, you guys can hardly stand what my next words are gonna be, right?) Anyway, since I'm pretty sure that I basically have a fan club (blog stalkers-don't deny it, you know it's true), I figured I could list a few incredibly random (and possibly boring) facts about me. Mostly because, like I said in the first post, I really don't have stuff to blog about...

1. I loathe tomatoes. Seriously. Hate them. I hate the smell, taste, texture, everything about them makes me gag.

2. My favorite color is turquoise. Nuff said.

3. I work 2 jobs (both of which I love-contrary to popular belief these days.) Both jobs have to do with infants and/or small children. I LOVE babies and toddlers. They have a way about them that makes you smile.

4. I have the single worst roommate stories on the entire planet. I will challenge any of you and I would totally win. Hands down. I will make you gag with the incredibly nasty (yet unfortunately, very very true) stories I could tell you about prior roommates.

5. I'm pretty good at making people laugh. I sometimes like to think of it as one of my talents. I haven't met too many people that I can't make at least smile a little bit.

6. I usually get along with better and am generally more comfortable with people that are older than me. I don't know why. I have been like this all my life. I just tend to gravitate to and make friends more easily with people that are older than me.

7. I am extremely competitive and outspoken. I can neither confirm nor deny that this has gotten me in PLENTY of trouble in the past. I have gotten better but I'm pretty sure I will always be pretty feisty. Whatev. I kinda like it.

8. I LOVE rain. I am completely serious when I say that I wish it would rain/be overcast all day everyday. I like that it's relaxing. I like that it gives me an excuse to not to do my hair because it will just get wet anyway. I LOVE the smell. I truly wish that I lived in a place that was always rainy.

9. Sometimes I get this urge to just get up and leave. By that I mean get and my car without a plan and just drive until I feel like stopping. I have this strange pull to randomly go somewhere I have never been and stay there all by myself and just hope for the best. Weird? Maybe...

10. I believe that I am a good person but fear that I put out them impression that I am not. It makes me sad.

11. I have this weird thing with numbers. I do not like odd numbers. If I can help it, I will take that one more step to make sure I land on an even number. I will throw things away just so I have an even number of objects to deal with. I will buy one more of something even if I don't need it in order to have an even number. It's weird, I get it. It's just how it goes in my world.

12. If I was randomly given a large sum of money (which, by the way, I'm pretty sure will never happen to me. It's okay. I have accepted it and moved on) I can guarantee you that my very first purchase would be a beautiful cabin in the mountains somewhere. I WILL own a cabin somewhere someday. Mark my words.

13. My biggest fear in the entire world is Sharks. Yep, sharks. Don't judge. It is completely childish and probably pretty stupid but nonetheless, I am 100% scared to death of them. My version of hell is being thrown in the middle of the ocean with sharks all around me and then having to swim to shore without being eaten.. The thought makes me cringe. That is why I don't love the ocean.

14. New York City is my favorite spot to vacation. There is something about it that is so attractive to me. I love everything about that city and I know I have only scratched the surface. I wish I could find a way to live there for free. Any suggestions?

Last but certainly not least...

15. I was born with a cleft lip. Don't know what that is? It's cool. Allow me to explain...Basically, I was born without a top lip. The word "cleft" means space. Got it? That's why my top lip is scarred. I usually don't care or even think about it. I do, however, hate it when people stare. I think its rude. If you are one of those people, stop. If you have questions, ask. If you don't want to ask, turn the other way. Deal? (I'm outspoken, remember? Refer to #7 if confused)

Well kids, there ya have it. Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

3 comments:

  1. Yay for a blog! It can be pretty fun and I think it's much easier than a journal. If you're interested my blog is tntmcmillan.blogspot.com, and you can see some cute pictures of Daniel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so many things I didn't know about Abby! (And many that I did.) Fun! I think you should move to Forks Washington where it rains alll the time, and marry a sexy vampire. Also you could move to New York and live on my kitchen floor. It would be awesome, trust me. And finally, I think you should blog some of those crazy roommate stories. Not kidding, put one up! I'm so curious. Just change names, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loved that post hahaha! i'm also deathly afraid of sharks and have had that same vision of being thrown in the ocean surrounded by sharks....it's my personal nightmare. you totally have the worst roommate stories and u agree that you should post some of them.

    ReplyDelete